Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Masses of spam registrations

Masses of spam registrations 07 Feb 2015 05:43 #3353

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
At present I have to DAILY delete hundreds of phony registrations of users who apparently are all from east countries or have yahoo accounts.

It all seems to be manual in view of the registration times and all of the email addresses are genuine and existing, otherwise my system would not show the registrations and ask me to approve the accounts. The poor buggers- a lot of work for nothing...

So at least - there does not seem to be a machine at work. :whistle:

Anyway- this is a pain in the butt, so I decided to switch registration off and de-activated the registration pages.

Registered users are asked to log in on the Kunena Board only. Logging in of course should not be a problem. :winky:

This will apply also to my other websites... where I have the same issue. So- hopefully they will go away after not being able to register for a while... :really:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Masses of spam registrations 07 Feb 2015 08:25 #3354

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Sorry to hear you have such hassles with fake users. :bang:

Just to let you know...no problem signing in today...which is obvious with this post I guess. :grin:

Masses of spam registrations 08 Feb 2015 05:25 #3360

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Well, you know my solution to the problem. :evil:

Masses of spam registrations 24 Feb 2015 05:16 #3482

• fas

Well, you know my solution to the problem.

That is not the issue at all. Same problem would occur with the user admin of any board, regardless of the code. :bang:

Anyway- I bumped this up, since I am getting mails from folks who want to register and find no place to do so.

So- be informed that this is all "on purpose" and just stick with reading. When I get less security exceptions I will put registration back on "green".
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Masses of spam registrations 25 Feb 2015 12:07 #3520

• fas
I switched the Joomla registration back on for any interested users, who want to participate in the discussions.

If you just want to read, you do not need to register. I will stay inactive with newsletters until CYTX is passed 5$ and the embarrassment of having a page on a penny stock has subsided. :KO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Masses of spam registrations 25 Feb 2015 12:41 #3522

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, I've been wondering why the home page has been void of any updated newsletters, now I know why :cool: Kind of the same feeling I have for recommending this shit show to friends. Hopefully I will be able to save face if and when these Callan Road clowns get their act together :evil: Recent developments have once again illuminated that light at the end of this long tunnel which gives us some hope.

d9

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites