Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY

FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY 20 Sep 2016 10:10 #7696

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108

What do you know- FDA goes against their own employees and approve (first time ever ?????) its drug eteplirsen conditionally.

You can read the story here: Sarepta story

And you know what???? I studied the top holdings of Sabby not all that long ago and was kind of impressed with their picks. Sarepta was in their Top 3 and is now their biggest holding- it soared 80% yesterday.

Sarepta has institutional ownership for 72% and Sabby is number 10 or something.

They are smarter than we think and they own a lot of Cytori. The maximum allowed if you like. :whistle: :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY 20 Sep 2016 11:38 #7698

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Fas, I believe that Sabby owns just short of 15% of CYTX at 6/30/16. :grin:

FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY 20 Sep 2016 12:27 #7699

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I believe that Sabby owns just short of 15% of CYTX at 6/30/16. :grin:

Rodney- only Neil Gagnon is allowed to own more than 10%, but has no need for that dispensation (of 15%). The statutes of Cytori disallow any ownership over 10% to prevent accumulation for an unfriendly take-over.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY 20 Sep 2016 12:55 #7700

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Fas, the Yahoo finance page for CYTX shows Sabby owning 1,966,709 shares and indicates 14.75% ownership. However, now that I have checked the percentage, I see that the 14.75% relates to a basis of 13.3 million shares (perhaps representing total non-retail & insiders??), and not total ownership (20.49 million shares) - based on the latter, the percentage would be 9.6%. Very misleading by Yahoo!!

FDA approves Sarepta´s Drug CONDITIONALLY 01 Oct 2016 15:09 #7732

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
SRPT market cap post approval has now risen to over $2.9 Billion

Consider what such a market cap for CYTX would be in PPS terms !

Of course, we are talking CYTX :bash:

Another consideration for comparison I occasionally look at is ONCE that does gene therapy with over a 1.8 Billion market cap.

What really separates these companies from CYTX is one of my favorite subjects over the years that NO manager at CYTX has ever understood, CASH ON THE BALANCESHEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites