Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thoughts

Thoughts 12 Dec 2018 02:07 #12397

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Its will be interesting to see if the "board trading stock" VSTM fills its final gap in the $3.00 area. While it keeps getting closer its still a big percentage down from here so I believe it would likely take some sort of poor news or a bigger market correction to do so. Also note their convertible didn't prevent a massive shorting program against the stock. That said, its often interesting how when trends develop, PPS in stocks seem to gravitate to filling those gaps when they are close. We shall see. No prediction...just pointing out if it does do so, it is the final gap and a re-evaluation of company prospects at the time may point to another long trade. Please do DD !!!

The real reason for my visit is JPM. Very close to oversold technically with a 3.2% forward yield. Dividend also declared today for January 2019 payment.
3.2% yield is better than the current yield on the US 10 yr bond. While I am pointing JPM out as a trade idea I point out the dividend as payment for waiting should the trade take longer or otherwise turn into something longer than originally planned in a solid company. No position for me yet but it has caught my eye. Dont be greedy and do your DD !!!

Nothing to offer on CYTX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thoughts 12 Dec 2018 09:35 #12398

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Surprised that you did not mention ATHX because that is where the real action could be in the next few days??

Thoughts 12 Dec 2018 10:27 #12399

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Hedge,

Thanks for the heads up on JPM. As far as VSTM goes, I've been in and out. Just went back in yesterday. Hoping for strong launch of recently launched FDA cancer drug.

Thoughts 12 Dec 2018 10:36 #12400

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: Hedge,

Thanks for the heads up on JPM. As far as VSTM goes, I've been in and out. Just went back in yesterday. Hoping for strong launch of recently launched FDA cancer drug.

/

Excellent SA article on ATHX - well done - let's hope it unfolds as projected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wall Street Titan

Thoughts 13 Dec 2018 05:49 #12401

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
RS
Although I occasionally look at ATHX's stock price I don't follow other than what gets discussed here at times.
WST
You may also like VKTX for occasional short term trades.
Still clinical stage and thus more risky than VSTM but has decent moves when timed right...again very short term is the only way to trade it imho. Note if you do research it make sure you check out what MDGL also is doing in the space. Unknown who wins on their NASH treatments , if there will be room for both or if either ultimately makes it to market.
Any longer term plays should be for HIGH RISK funds only. Maybe I should say that for the shorter term as well...LOL

Thoughts 15 Dec 2018 08:36 #12402

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST, re ATHX, why did the Healios deal not play-out as you expected by Friday?

PS - Healios deal now extended again, this time by 6 months - how & why does Gil continue to mislead us all re Healios timing???

Thoughts 17 Dec 2018 12:00 #12405

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read the ATHX news posted today. To me , sounds like to pay what ATHX is asking, Healios wants more, longer term data. So next Q would be what is ATHX's cash position and burn rate and will they have to do a raise in 2019 ?
I have no idea.

Here is todays release for those who are interested.

Healios Agrees to Make Payment to Extend Exclusive Period for Negotiating an Option for a License to Multistem® Therapy for Indications in China

GlobeNewswire•December 17, 2018

Parties working together on development plan in China
CLEVELAND, Ohio, Dec. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Athersys, Inc. (ATHX) announced today the extension of HEALIOS K.K.’s (Healios) exclusive period to negotiate an option that would allow Healios to obtain a license for the development and commercialization of MultiStem therapy for certain indications in China. Healios has agreed to make a one-time $2.0 million payment in December 2018 for an extension through June 30, 2019. Furthermore, Healios may make an additional payment of $3.0 million to extend the negotiation period for another six months through December 31, 2019. All such payments would be creditable against the $15 million option fee that would be payable by Healios upon execution of the China option agreement, and milestones for any licensed program, if applicable.
“China now represents the second largest healthcare market in the world, surpassing Japan, and we and Healios both view it as being strategically important to our long-term goals and objectives,” commented Dr. Gil Van Bokkelen, Chairman & CEO at Athersys. “An executive advisor with extensive experience in China has been engaged by Healios to advise on multiple aspects of the opportunity, and we agreed with Healios that it was appropriate to implement this extension to allow us sufficient time to work together to more precisely define regulatory, manufacturing and potential commercialization activities in China.
“We maintain a strong and close relationship with Healios, as evidenced by their good faith payment related to the China negotiation period, as well as our ongoing collaborative activities focused on treating stroke patients and those afflicted with acute respiratory distress syndrome (“ARDS”) and other areas of unmet medical need where we are working together. We share a global vision of the potential for regenerative medicine technology and how it might be used to benefit patients in multiple therapeutic areas and create substantial value for our shareholders,” concluded Dr. Van Bokkelen.
Athersys’ collaboration with Healios was established in 2016 for the development of MultiStem cell therapy in Japan for the treatment of ischemic stroke, and Healios is conducting an ongoing registrational clinical trial referred to as TREASURE. In March 2018, Healios made a $21.1 million equity investment in Athersys, and in June 2018, the partnership was further expanded to include a license to additional therapeutic areas in exchange for a $20 million license fee, additional milestones and royalties. As part of the collaboration expansion, Healios obtained exclusive licenses for the development and commercialization in Japan of MultiStem therapy for the treatment of ARDS and for MultiStem cells used in combination with iPSC-derived cells for the treatment of certain organ dysfunction indications. Healios also received an exclusive global license to develop and commercialize MultiStem cells, either as a standalone therapy or in combination with retinal pigmented epithelial (“RPE”) cells for certain ophthalmological indications, and an expansion of its license to use Athersys technology to support its organ bud programs to include certain other transplantation areas. As Healios announced in November 2018, it is planning to conduct an open-label clinical trial of MultiStem therapy to treat patients with pneumonia-induced ARDS.

Thoughts 17 Dec 2018 12:37 #12406

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, what you are missing are the recent promises of an imminent deal - if you read WST's recent SA article on ATHX, you will understand why this is a big disappointment timing-wise.

Thoughts 19 Dec 2018 15:59 #12414

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, re my earlier reply to you - if you read WST's SA article of a week ago and then the subsequent events, you will understand why the stock was about $2 and now closed at 1.51 - that is a real kick in the ass!

Thoughts 19 Dec 2018 20:40 #12415

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Nope. Never read WST's article on ATHX.
Certainly if not known before, anyone invested here knows a deal is not done until the ink has dried.
All bio's stink right now...especially the small caps.
As I said earlier...does this also mean a raise may be needed in 2019 ?
I don't know.
I would say the fact that they haven't walked away and are willing to pay at least something for the extensions is still somewhat positive. So who knows if something better eventually comes from it.

Thoughts 28 Jan 2019 13:39 #12535

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
So at the start of this thread I mentioned VSTM maybe filling the gap around $3.00...actually $2.96 I believe however its been extremely weak and I wouldnt want to step in front of earnings with the massive short interest....one could make a case for a brief stab below $2 with a poor report in March. If one is to consider I would apply a scaling in process.
One can also look at JPM holding in there. The other stock in the initial post. Despite mentioning before the worst of December unfolded its still above the initial post by about 3% and if one scaled in during the month gains look even better.
USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT ON BOTH OF THESE !!!

Thoughts 28 Jan 2019 15:04 #12536

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: So at the start of this thread I mentioned VSTM maybe filling the gap around $3.00...actually $2.96 I believe however its been extremely weak and I wouldnt want to step in front of earnings with the massive short interest....one could make a case for a brief stab below $2 with a poor report in March. If one is to consider I would apply a scaling in process.
One can also look at JPM holding in there. The other stock in the initial post. Despite mentioning before the worst of December unfolded its still above the initial post by about 3% and if one scaled in during the month gains look even better.
USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT ON BOTH OF THESE !!!

Agree that VSTM may be a good buy below $3 - after all, WST told us to buy it at $4+ - LOL

Thoughts 28 Jan 2019 15:17 #12537

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, WST did us a nice favor bringing VSTM to the board...personally I made several trades during the course of 2018 with sales as high as $9.88.
Its a trader and I believe that is what WST has been doing as well.
I also believe you are correct his initial post was when VSTM was in the $4's.

Thoughts 29 Jan 2019 10:18 #12540

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, what do you think re VSTM - touched a penny below your 2.96 this morning?

Thoughts 29 Jan 2019 10:21 #12541

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, gap filled by my book but I still think there is room lower.

Thoughts 29 Jan 2019 10:47 #12542

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Yep, gap filled by my book but I still think there is room lower.

You were right on the mark with 2.96 - I bought some!

Thoughts 31 Jan 2019 15:00 #12556

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
HF, VSTM closed at 3.28 - you may have waited too long.

Checkout NG - will be a big winner imo - EGO (also a cheap gold stock) was also a great short-term trade, but NG could easily be a double or triple in time - do your own DD!

Thoughts 31 Jan 2019 19:40 #12559

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Gold (the metal) moving because of the dollar.
Miners like the metals direction but recent consolidation has now become a bigger focus Last one I heard was the buyout of GG. GG was a favorite of mine probably more than a decade ago when they were mining the richest ore in the world....such veins always peeter out at some point. Havent played a gold play for a very long time and hasn't really caught my interest again yet.
Hope you do well with VSTM $

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites