Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Visionaries financing the "innovators dilemma"

Visionaries financing the "innovators dilemma" 17 Feb 2015 15:05 #3431

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
I have been searching for the "financiers" of Celactive or Cytortho Ltd when it was founded in October 2013. No luck so far, but from a name perspective and a point in time perspective (right around the Lorem Vascular deal) and the fact that Cytori is open (=provides corporate updates) around sports medicine and does NOT provide updates on a lot of other disorders around the translational development in which it IS NOT INVOLVED DIRECTLY, one starts to suspect (at least I do :nice: :grin: :bye: ) that a connection COULD exist.

I think it could very well be, that KT Lim is behind Celactive- its financier- and appointed CC to run it. Than also made sure the new generation Celutions are produced nearby- i.e. Deeside in Wales. :cool:

Makes sense from a "visionary" perspective - re-visit this CC statement from the November 2013 call:

I don't know if you've read the book The Innovator's Dilemma by Clay Christensen. But it talks about what it takes to be an innovator of disruptive technology or disruptive innovation. And one of the core thesis in that book is that when you're innovating something that's fundamentally different, that's fundamentally disruptive, you need to be creative and innovative, let's say with your approach to everything, whether it's channel or financing and so forth. And I think that for us, for Cytori, as well as really, more broadly, for the cell therapy field, we're innovating a new field in medicine that doesn't exist today and we've advanced it to where we are now, but there is this gap between kind of the traditional pharma partnerships or large medical device partnerships and where the technology is.
And what we've been able to find is an innovative way to bridge that by bringing in visionary people like Mr. Lim to take this technology and bring it into the market. And so, it's kind of been an opportunity that we found each other in some ways. We've been out looking for a number of years for the right partners to bring this technology, obviously talking to all of the traditional large pharma, large medical device companies, but we've also been looking for innovative ways to find people that are dedicated, maybe operating on a more local level that are resourced and experienced that they could bring technology like this and really get it adopted into the market. So I think that we've kind of found each other and we've spent the last 18 months putting this thing together and all of the complexity of what it takes to do deal of this magnitude.

Time will tell :yawn:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Visionaries financing the "innovators dilemma" 17 Feb 2015 15:38 #3433

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
At least the Aussies absolute DEVOTION to pro-sports (and KT Lim knowing that), would be another connection.

The Lorem Vascular CEO recently reported on that:

Skeletal muscle injuries are one of the most common types of injuries seen in sports medicine. Muscle groups that are common sources of injuries include the hamstrings, quadriceps and abdominal muscles. Various ligament injuries may occur that can be associated with muscle strains and tears. The pain, discomfort and disability of muscle strains and tears are compounded by the high risk of muscle re-injury. Current treatment for skeletal muscle strain (common to virtually all muscles) is: rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE). However, these simplistic approaches are less than effective given the rate or re-injury in previously injured muscles. Moreover, there are no approved therapies for muscle injury, leaving the patients with limited therapeutic options. Although skeletal muscle injuries are not life threatening, they can be debilitating and cause delays in time to healing; keeping the athletes off the field and the “weekend” participant in sports with prolonged recovery times that may extend over weeks to months. As a result, supplemental therapy to promote healing and recovery represents a distinct unmet medical need that can be served by regenerative medicine and the use of ADRCs.

Regenerative medicine has the potential to improve outcome following ligament reconstruction (i.e. anterior cruciate ligament) by a number of mechanisms that include: enhancement of integration of grafted tissue into bone, remodeling of donor tendon, promotion of angiogenesis needed to restore blood supply to the graft, and modulation of the inflammation that necessarily follows surgical intervention and tissue remodeling. Success in one or more of these areas will lead to more rapid return to activity and reduced incidence of re-injury.

Specific targets include knee injury (i.e. anterior cruciate ligament), elbow (ulnar collateral ligament “Tommy John surgery”) and possibly rotator cuff injury.
The application of regenerative medicine in the treatment of muscle, tendon and ligament injuries falls into two categories; (1) enhancement of healing of those injuries not requiring surgery (both chronic and acute partial tears and sprains), and (2) enhancement of outcome following surgical reconstruction.

Lorem Vascular Pte. Ltd. is a China-focused regenerative medicine company offering clinical-grade autologous regenerative cell therapy to treat a variety of vascular and non-vascular diseases. LV offers a proprietary closed system, sterile field medical equipment, marketed under the brand name, Celution® System, which enables hospitals to harness a patient’s own naturally occurring regenerative or healing cells to treat the patient’s acute and chronic ischemic disease.

Enabling point-of-care access to these healing cells as therapy, otherwise known as Adipose Derived Regenerative Cells (ADRCs), represents a new dimension in medicine or facilitating the damaged organ or tissue to heal itself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Visionaries financing the "innovators dilemma" 17 Feb 2015 15:58 #3434

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Of course connections are possible...just like the fact THAT IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SHAREHOLDERS WILL BE CUT OUT EITHER BY A BK OR A SELLOUT AT VERY CHEAP PRICES.

Sorry...cap lock was hit but I think I'll leave it as is. :nice:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites