Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Use of Stem Cells for 3D reconstruction

Use of Stem Cells for 3D reconstruction 28 May 2015 10:04 #4579

• fatboy
  • fatboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/13874/20140406/live-cells-could-be-used-to-reconstruct-faces.htm

Interesting article talks about the use of 3D printing to create reconstructive repairs using human tissue. They cite bone marrow stem cells however I have to believe ARDC's will be shown to be a better source of cells for this procedure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Use of Stem Cells for 3D reconstruction 29 May 2015 06:30 #4583

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yes- all very interesting.

Its probably human nature to conquer the galaxy before they are able to consistently and safely fly to the moon.

All efforts with Esc´s and also organ reconstruction are examples thereof trying to make 7-mile steps instead of the taking small steps (like with adult stem cells) to develop something meaningful and useful.

3D-organs from cells is not new. Tengion (TNGN) now bankrupt (Marty was a fan of them), had a PPS of >42$ in 2011, only 4 years ago and its management apparently was unable to raise enough money, so bankruptcy wa the result only 3 years later in 2014.... :whistle:

I guess there are folks that even beat Calhoun by some margin... :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites