Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic on Adult (=regenerative) cell technology, but very much related i.e. pills and drugs of which we do not know if they work
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like

Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like 30 Sep 2015 11:26 #5259

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Cytori and its CEO Marc Hedrick really has succeeded in making the Company a "real Company" without any "buzz" floating around in the grapevine, which is laudable and the way it should be. He also " curtailed" the corporate story with only platform apps which are being developed in the focus...everything else (which is still a lot) being ignored. :really:

Just the PPS is not accordingly, but allez, we can wait.. :whistle:

The above means- its all pretty boring and we have nothing much to write about... :write:

So - I will write some posts which are off topic, but I believe - very important- and have some entertainment value... :KO:

First one :

From the Vitamin D Council Blog:

If I take vitamin D will I live longer?

I often blog on what effect vitamin D has on the treatment of various diseases. For example, recently vitamin D has been found to be a promising treatment for a condition that affects up to 20% of Americans, hives.
If vitamin D has such profound effects on disease outcomes, one would hypothesize that vitamin D would also have profound effects on life expectancy. However, no one has conducted a randomized controlled trial to test this hypothesis. The study that would be needed to test any effect on mortality will never be done. It would take at least 10 years of supplementing a large group of adults with at least 5,000 IU/day. In addition, a control group would need to remain vitamin D deficient for ten years. No ethics panel at any university would approve that.
However, we can get an idea from a recent large meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies which followed about 29,000 people for an average of seven years. This meta-analysis collected subjects from eight large cohorts like NHANES 111.
he scientists from this study used quintiles of vitamin D levels, comparing the highest quintile to the lowest to determine if 25(OH)D levels affected mortality.
They found it did. Subjects in the highest quintile of 25(OH)D were 57% less likely to die during the mean follow up time of 7 years. Below are the risk ratios.

The researchers concluded:
“In this large consortium of eight cohort studies from Europe and the United States, the bottom 25(OH)D quintile was associated with increased all-cause and cardiovascular mortality and with cancer mortality in subjects with a history of cancer but not in subjects without a history of cancer. These relationships were compellingly consistent across countries, sexes, age groups, and seasons of blood draw…Vitamin D may play an important role in cancer prognosis.”

Remember, this benefit may be due to sun exposure, not solely vitamin D levels. The safest thing to do is get as much safe sensible sunshine as you can and take 5,000 IU/day.

That is important news- and significant. No surprise, I follow the advice of these guys... :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lugano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like 30 Sep 2015 17:49 #5263

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
***Cytori and its CEO Marc Hedrick really has succeeded in making the Company a "real Company" without any "buzz" floating around in the grapevine,***

Maybe Cytori suffers from colony collapse disorder...Most certainly PPS collapse disorder. :evil: :puke: :bash: :really:

Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like 01 Oct 2015 12:44 #5268

• fas

Maybe Cytori suffers from colony collapse disorder...Most certainly PPS collapse disorder. :evil: :puke: :bash: :really:

Whatever- in my view there is no positive correlation between PPS development and the development of the business. So, trying to make sense of the action in the market, I think is a total waste of time ditto the diagnose of illnesses the corporation suffers from.. :really:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like 01 Oct 2015 13:17 #5270

• fas
Anyway- I have another one...

A sex story, so real juicy I guess :whistle:

Anyway I came across this paper two weeks ago..

File Attachment:

File Name: 2015-assoc-normalTRT-lowMI-StrokeIncidents.pdf
File Size: 431 KB

the abstract of it , read as follows..

There is a significant uncertainty regarding the effect of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) on cardiovascular
(CV) outcomes including myocardial infarction (MI) and stroke. The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between normalization of total testosterone (TT) after TRT and CV events as well as all-cause mortality in patients without previous history of MI and stroke.

Methods and results
We retrospectively examined 83 010 male veterans with documented low TT levels. The subjects were categorized
into (Gp1: TRT with resulting normalization of TT levels), (Gp2: TRT without normalization of TT levels) and (Gp3:
Did not receive TRT). By utilizing propensity score-weighted Cox proportional hazard models, the association of TRT with all-cause mortality, MI, stroke, and a composite endpoint was compared between these groups. The all-cause mortality [hazard ratio (HR): 0.44, confidence interval (CI) 0.42–0.46], risk of MI (HR: 0.76, CI 0.63–0.93), and stroke (HR: 0.64, CI 0.43–0.96) were significantly lower in Gp1 (n ¼ 43 931, median age ¼ 66 years, mean follow-up ¼ 6.2 years) vs. Gp3 (n ¼ 13 378, median age ¼ 66 years, mean follow-up ¼ 4.7 years) in propensity-matched cohort. Similarly, the all-cause mortality (HR: 0.53, CI 0.50–0.55), risk of MI (HR: 0.82, CI 0.71–0.95), and stroke (HR: 0.70, CI 0.51–0.96) were significantly lower in Gp1 vs. Gp2 (n ¼ 25 701, median age ¼ 66 years, mean follow-up ¼ 4.6 years). There was no difference in MI or stroke risk between Gp2 and Gp3.

Conclusion In this large observational cohort with extended follow-up, normalization of TT levels after TRT was associated with a significant reduction in all-cause mortality, MI, and stroke .

So the guys that HAD testosterone deficiency and were treated and KEPT their normal levels had a much much greater chance not to die from all cause mortality compared to the groups that were untreated and the ones that did not keep with the normal levels.

That really was new to me and of course was the trigger to start a whole new area of research... :grin:

Which was very fitting to my own activities in my fitness centre....

I basically made an appointment with the local urologist, who confirmed the result of my research... that is, low TT levels belong to the METABOLIC SYNDROME and fall in line with type 2 cardiac issues etc etc. On top of that - and thats of course- the key thing, jacking up those levels keeps (or makes) you slim and build up your muscles.

All of that stuff... serum levels of TT and its "partner " SHBG" (sex hormone binding globulin) is all private pleasure, even in Germany where all basic stuff is covered by the collective medical insurance, but my friendly urologist, will help me if any way possible to support the path I have chosen after losing almost 40 pounds of weight and improving my serum values in all aspects.

If this succeeds, it obviously will mean TRT therapy - paid for by the INSURANCE- and quicker weight loss together with more muscle building.. :nice:

And I am sure my dear wife will appreciate me better too.. :vegas:
Attachments:

Some entertainment- Raccoon Lodge Like 01 Oct 2015 14:43 #5271

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
I don't know Fas...I rather like the analogy.
Clearly there aren't the number of bees buzzing around Cytori as their used to be and a group left to start their own hive with puregraft and alopecia. Question is who is REALLY in control of this apriary ?

As far as the PPS, it has collapsed...plain and simple...rightly or wrongly doesn't matter. It is what it is and a little tongue in cheek humor isn't so bad to pass the time imho.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites