• Page:

TOPIC: liver work

liver work 03 Jul 2013 22:17 #595

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

liver work 04 Jul 2013 06:44 #596

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fascinating stuff. Still, it's in an animal model and they appear to have "lucked in" to this finding. It will take years to get this sorted out and into human trials.

It is however a good example of the pace and breadth of technological and medical change. This really is an area where what we think is cutting edge today can be dumped on the scap heap before even having a product sold, due to obsolescence.

I sincerely hope that the reason for the low profile of the CYTX technology (ie. lack of data from CE approvals) is a conscious choice of management and potential partners to not let others realise the full potential of ADRC -SVF until they are truly ready to monetize it.

We wait while knowledge and technology evolves in leaps and bounds. Hopefully the cost benefit ratio of autologous ADRC is such that we still have a chance to reach the market in a profitable manner before being superseded. :winky:

liver work 04 Jul 2013 08:48 #597

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes a lot of fascinating stuff going on but as you said this is very early and price WILL be a factor.

Did you happen to see this other link from the same articles page on the heart and Texas Heart Institute ?

www.nature.com/news/tissue-engineering-how-to-build-a-heart-1.13327

As far as being leap frogged...possible...but I have been approaching it this way. Consider what Cytori is doing now as first generation and what will follow...Cytori's approach combined with say a drug to get a even better response second generation.

What is being talked about in the liver and heart with these 2 links is even further down the line and cost will limit usage. Perhaps after these early generation regen. methods have been exhausted a patient may have the chance to try one of these organ transplant procedures. Chronic disease treatment today follows a similar path.

liver work 04 Jul 2013 09:56 #598

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Hedge- yes, in the past I have been reading a lot about the work of Taylor and Macchiarini. I think solid organs are way too complicated and that will never work to coax all the different required type cells in their proper position.

Thereto absolutely cost-prohibitive, as you say. Healthcare requires simple-, effective and cheap solutions.

TO REPAIR or REPLACE is the key battle within regenerative medicine - our cells to repair or highly engineered ones to replace.

I definitely think we first should be able to fly to the moon consistently before we think of trying to conquer the galaxy.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

liver work 04 Jul 2013 15:54 #603

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***I definitely think we first should be able to fly to the moon consistently before we think of trying to conquer the galaxy.***

Darn it Fas.....I was planning on conquering the galaxy this weekend !!! :grin:
Now what am I supposed to do ? :cry:

LOL !!!!

Seriously though....agree...solid organs are very far in the future...if ever...but the possibilities are the first step.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites