Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos most likely switched technologies

Okyanos most likely switched technologies 18 Oct 2017 02:49 #10276

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
It looks like BBLS acquired Tissue Genesis and as a result changed the device they used to extract SVF from fat at Okyanos from the Celution device to the TG Isolex machine.

Not good news, but at least that reduces my fear of BBLS acquiring Cytori. Maybe better this way.

It is an exciting time in medicine, and we are very proud to be working with our parent company, Black Beret Life Sciences. In this video, Okyanos Director of R&D Dr. Marc Penn gives an overview of our goals alongside the latest game-changing innovations in the BBLS portfolio of companies. Watch here: bit.ly/2hFs4aZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos most likely switched technologies 18 Oct 2017 04:58 #10278

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, your post re Okyanos switching devices gives me concern that perhaps our device is nothing more than a "mixer" that may be not be too difficult to duplicate - where is the patent protection, or is that easily overcome, or is it only in the US?

Okyanos most likely switched technologies 18 Oct 2017 05:03 #10279

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
It looks like CYTX has a competitor and possibly with more to come. This ambiguity that exists with stem cell clinics providing treatments and new producers of alternative devices to Celution can be a serious impediment to BP/BB making an offer. Having said that Tissue Genesis doesn't have the number of rigorous trial participants that CYTX has. Their trials were started years ago and they have relatively few participants.

The fact that there is so much interest in this treament paradigm is not misplaced. What is misplaced is effective management concluding successful trials. The scleroderma trial in the diffuse subgroup was/is positive. Hopefully someone will recognise that they have an opportunity to buy a potential first mover in what will inevitably be a massive VOLUME market to treat everday health issues such as OA,ED,SUI, PAD, wounds, plastic surgery. scleroderma, lymphedema, fistula, heart disease etc.

I am not fan/cheerleader of CYTX management. Their ineptness has cost me a fortune. I continue to believe that ADRC work and that one day they will be taken for granted.

Any thoughtful comments concerning the patent protection CYTX may or may not have would be appreciated. Okyanos coninues to pursue the ADRC paradigm, specifically in scleroderma. An ideas wh they would have switched equiment providers?

Okyanos most likely switched technologies 18 Oct 2017 05:42 #10281

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
DOV used to get the patent protection run around per his postings. It seemed to be a open question on how strong they really were...with no money in enforce anyway...it will be some time until we know.

Two thoughts:
1. Cytori still hasn't released its cheaper "desk top" model. Was price a factor ?
2. Going concern very real and may have played a role.

Okyanos most likely switched technologies 18 Oct 2017 08:11 #10282

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I had previously suspected this was a possibility:

Yes, I've made assumptions. That is the only way to discuss this. Another assumption I made is that Okyanos will use Cytori's system, even if it is not specifically stated on the website as far as I can see.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites