Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: ATHX upgrade

ATHX upgrade 23 Jan 2019 14:11 #12504

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2728
  • Thank you received: 199
Saw the headline earlier today ATHX got a upgrade...didn't read any details though.
Should be a easy find for those interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 23 Jan 2019 14:54 #12505

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1237
  • Thank you received: 18

myownhedgefund wrote: Saw the headline earlier today ATHX got a upgrade...didn't read any details though.
Should be a easy find for those interested.


Press release by ATHX at 6:00am that ARDS Study was favorable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 23 Jan 2019 18:48 #12506

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2728
  • Thank you received: 199
Huh...took a look at what RS referenced.
Well despite changes in treatment approach for over 20 years, mortality hasn't really changed.
I guess we see if something comes out in a bigger study which I believe they say will first be in Japan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 24 Jan 2019 13:40 #12511

  • Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 866
  • Thank you received: 148
Hedge,

The Japan ARDS is also a 30 patient study and it is open label. Nonetheless,under the laws in Japan where they are promoting regenerative medicine, that could be enough for conditional or FULL approval with full reimbursement. Athersys CEO understood this tremendous opportunity years ago and set up the company to take advantage of it. Still a way to go though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 24 Jan 2019 18:43 #12513

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1237
  • Thank you received: 18

Wall Street Titan wrote: Hedge,

The Japan ARDS is also a 30 patient study and it is open label. Nonetheless,under the laws in Japan where they are promoting regenerative medicine, that could be enough for conditional or FULL approval with full reimbursement. Athersys CEO understood this tremendous opportunity years ago and set up the company to take advantage of it. Still a way to go though.

/

Please, do the ATHX s/h's a favor - no more SA articles - the stock was well over $2 before your recent one and even now after the good news re ARDS, it's still only 1.61! We're begging you - no more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 24 Jan 2019 22:08 #12514

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2728
  • Thank you received: 199
Thanks WST
I saved the reddit link from the other thread for ATHX and hope to check it out this weekend
Just by chance today I was talking to someone who had a family member that sounded like had stem cell from bone marrow applied to a lung injury but it didn't help them...the details were a bit sketchy and I didn't push. Didn't Cytori have some data on ARDS as well years ago ??? I've purged so much of Cytori from my memory at this point but someone did, (other than ATHX), and the data was also interesting but never heard any more on it. ARDS is such a massive injury I would be curious how effective dosing would be just getting the cells to where it all needs to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 08:19 #12515

  • Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 866
  • Thank you received: 148
Hedge,

I can't comment on the case you mentioned as it was certainly not authorized by FDA and who knows what the quality or amount of the stem cells used. In ARDS and stroke MultiStem therapies, timing is of the essence. At this point we are only talking about acute injuries.Less than 36 hours for stroke, up to a few days for ARDS. Too early doesn't work either. The MOH is to modulate the hyper inflammatory response that does tremendous damage. Essentially the immune system misinterprets the body's signals and starts attacking healthy tissue. Multistem sends out the signals (e.g., exosomes) to the immune system and says hold on boys, you got it wrong.

Join the Reddit board - I don't run it. You will enjoy it. Plus you won't have fools like Rodney to bring down the level of discussion. Every time he joins under a different alias it is easy to spot him and he gets eliminated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 08:44 #12516

  • Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 866
  • Thank you received: 148
You too Fas. You would be a welcome addition to that group. And you won't have to pay anything to host it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 08:46 #12517

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1237
  • Thank you received: 18

Wall Street Titan wrote: Hedge,

I can't comment on the case you mentioned as it was certainly not authorized by FDA and who knows what the quality or amount of the stem cells used. In ARDS and stroke MultiStem therapies, timing is of the essence. At this point we are only talking about acute injuries.Less than 36 hours for stroke, up to a few days for ARDS. Too early doesn't work either. The MOH is to modulate the hyper inflammatory response that does tremendous damage. Essentially the immune system misinterprets the body's signals and starts attacking healthy tissue. Multistem sends out the signals (e.g., exosomes) to the immune system and says hold on boys, you got it wrong.

Join the Reddit board - I don't run it. You will enjoy it. Plus you won't have fools like Rodney to bring down the level of discussion. Every time he joins under a different alias it is easy to spot him and he gets eliminated.

/

WST calls a lot of shots on the Reddit site behind the scenes - that's why I got eliminated - they essentially do not allow real discussion and dissent - the board members love to talk in platitudes and not reality - that's why WST fits in so well - his SA articles all sound good, but are never right (just as was the case when he was a CYTX supporter) - HF would be a total misfit on that site imo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 09:05 #12518

  • Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 866
  • Thank you received: 148
Intelligent, alternative, INFORMED opinions are more than welcome. Whining and immaturity is not tolerated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 09:23 #12519

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1237
  • Thank you received: 18

Wall Street Titan wrote: Intelligent, alternative, INFORMED opinions are more than welcome. Whining and immaturity is not tolerated.

/

HF deals in practicality, not platitudes - plus, he is more likely to be right than your wont (and other Reddit members) to be wrong as well as very pleased with their platitudes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 09:56 #12520

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3257
  • Thank you received: 1109
Hedge-

You might remember Osiris did an acute MI clinic led by Joshua Hare ages ago. (8-10 years?) At that point they noted marked improvement in the lung function, since the delivery method was IV and planned a study on COPD I believe. Did not get very far and I do not believe they finished in P1 before all the tech was taken over by Mesoblast.

Anyway- I have not the slightest interest in ATHX nor MSB. I just check up on MSB occasionally since it does interest me to know how the cardiac trial ends up that Emerson Perin was leading PI in. As a result I also do not have an interest in the reddit board.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ATHX upgrade 25 Jan 2019 19:52 #12522

  • myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 2728
  • Thank you received: 199
Hmmm, you may be right FAS that it was COPD that I was thinking of...certainly the timeframe fits in with my memory. All well, had the pulmonary part right...LOL
As far as Reddit and ATHX...could be fun just to see what people are saying and you never know you could meet someone that could provide interesting comments in other areas as well. I guess what I am trying to say is I don't view checking the site out as necessarily being solely a ATHX enthusiast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

 

 

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites