• Page:

TOPIC: SUI - Both sides of the Pacific

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 30 Oct 2013 08:21 #1010

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
www.huffingtonpost.com/don-c-reed/urinary-incontinence-stem-cells_b_4143565.html

It ain't just a Japanese disease. Very interesting article about use of iPSC for the treatment of Urinary incontinence. 7,000,000 women afflicted in California alone. Cost in USA alone is $20Bn a year and I believe that does not include cost of fractures from running to the toilet at night, psychological problems and institutionalization of Grandmas...not to mention huge environmental problem of adult diapers.....

It's positive that CIRM is funding research for this condition, however perhaps someone should tell CIRM that there is a San Diego based company that may have a more cost effective option than iPSC:

"Stem cell researcher Renee Reijo-Pera and uro-gynecologist Bertha Chen are working together on a research grant from the California stem cell program. The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) sprang from the citizen's initiative Proposition 71, and the wisdom of the California voters."

Inquiring minds want to know ............... What's the story with the Japanese SUI trials. :winky:

Fas - if the Japanese legislation allows for launch of Celution for SUI in Japan on the back of positive data, can we expect that the FDA would allow Cytori to initiate a phase III trial directly ????? The aging demographics of the whole world are crying out for a cost effective solution. :cry:

I don't know what hurts more ......... thinking about the potential of Celution :woohoo: ...... or ........ looking at the current share price. :bash:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 30 Oct 2013 16:38 #1011

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Yes- surely it aint a Japanese disorder alone. I have been reading up on the efforts of cell scientists in Europe a lot in the past year and if I look at the description of the technique in the article:

The Pera-Chen technique would inject muscle cells grown from the woman's stem cells into the urethral sphincter. There, it is hoped, younger and healthier muscles would restore function.

that is for which a lot of data in Europe already exist and is not any better than what Yamamoto at Nagoya achieved- again link here-

Nagoya studies

Actually I think the published results of Cytori are better and I still think SUI will beat cardiac. Anyway- I prefer to be subdued on this (in concert with IR policy) but do believe that we are quite a ways already and therefore have plenty of clinical data that would allow for a straight forward pivotal study in the US based on the strength of the Japanese work

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 31 Oct 2013 09:04 #1013

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
This news and $2.14 will get you a share of Cytori this morning.

I dont know how much more good stem cell news the stock can handle...LOL

If CC is raising funds we better hope there is a private placement because going to the markets will results in something quite UGLY considering where we stand today. :puke:

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 31 Oct 2013 10:01 #1014

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Just saw a trade @ $2.09. Looks like we are going to the market for more cash the way the volume has shot up and price plunging past two days. over 165K as of this posting. Brutal, and frankly just a shame for the non delivery from San Diego. :bang: :bang: :bash: :bash:

d9

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 31 Oct 2013 10:37 #1015

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Falling fast on high volume. Scary.

SUI - Both sides of the Pacific 01 Nov 2013 06:46 #1018

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
:cry: and I thought that the shares I picked up at 2.18$ was bottom.
Yes- there are always folks that know some news first- and they are mainly in financial circles. :bang:

Does look like Hedge was right...again. :bash:

CC will be going thru some stormy weather if this turns into reality. :really:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites