TOPIC: To Be or Not To Be - TB and Stem Cells

To Be or Not To Be - TB and Stem Cells 09 Jan 2014 07:26 #1189

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-01/l-est010714.php

'' In this phase 1 safety study, 30 patients with MDR or XDR TB aged 21 years old receiving standard TB antibiotic treatment were also given an infusion of around 10 million of their own stromal cells. The cells were obtained from the patient's own bone marrow, then cultured into large numbers in the laboratory before being re-transfused into the same patient. ''

'' Further analyses showed 16 patients treated with MSCs were deemed cured at 18 months compared with only 5 of 30 TB patients with similar disease not treated with MSCs.''

The successful treatment of MDR Tuberculosis with autologous stem cells is HUGE. Once the market realises that ADRC are easily accessible and don't require expansion Dean's 10WD will seem prophetic and not just hype. :yep: :joy:

Perhaps we should stop listing which medical conditions stem cells treat and focus on which ones they CAN'T treat ......... it appears to be a smaller list. :winky:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

To Be or Not To Be - TB and Stem Cells 09 Jan 2014 13:09 #1201

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I just created a new personal TO DO list for the next two weeks-

One item- ok, its a bit down in the ranking- is to read Caplan´s recent paper AGAIN and see if he has TB in there.

I bet he didnt. :yep:

Yes- it is amazing what MSCs can do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites