• Page:

TOPIC: Osiris Rips Quarter!

Osiris Rips Quarter! 14 May 2014 14:15 #1687

• fatboy
  • fatboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Osiris Reports First Quarter 2014 Results: Revenue Up 25% and Gross Margin Improved from 73% to 78%

File Attachment:

File Name: Q1-2014-OSIR.pdf
File Size: 86 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Osiris Rips Quarter! 15 May 2014 10:49 #1688

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Is your point that Cytori sucks and Osiris doesn't ? Tell us something we don't know.

Osiris Rips Quarter! 15 May 2014 11:42 #1689

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Roth,
Just trying to get some action on this board. I hate it when I log in and there is nothing new. The caliber of the members of this board is amazing and I enjoy reading what they have to say. But I guess you probably already know that. I thought that Osiris calling themselves the "leading stem cell company" may have garnered some comments from some of our Raccoon brothers. Maybe it is a good time to hibernate?

Osiris Rips Quarter! 15 May 2014 12:52 #1690

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fatboy if you want my comments here they are are I apologize if my candor offends anyone. Having held this pos for nearly 5 years I am fed up. While I have invested in many biotechs and understand the time things take Cytori has been a joke. We have been given poor guidance, most likely lied to, and have suffered through mis-steps do overs more time then I can count. So Hedrick is now focused on cost cutting. seriously, big deal. they have pissed away money for years . Deciding what avenues to pusrue based on the size of the market.etc. Are you kidding me, this is something that should have been studied before they even decided to go down that road.
Understanding the potential of a market business 101. These clowns throw millions of dollars behind a trial and then decide to abandon it or change direction. The company is top heavy with some of the poorest enept mangers I have seen. Having followed the progress and successes of individuals I can't understand based on performance how anyone of these people have a job. Management collects salaries, options etc for years and for what. We are suckers as shareholders to stand for this. While we all have chirped that it is about the science and that will win in the end, who knows , while there is no doubt stemcell treatments will be important at some point down the road, I am asking myself, just how far down the road. Is the management team in place capable of monitizing this ? Not based on what they have done for the last 15 years and certainly not based on my 5 years being assoiciated with this company. Tell me something we have CE mark approvals in Europe and all over the world but do we have a partnership to show for it. I would think that if a company felt that CYTORI technology was the right treatment for any of the studies that company is involved in outside the US that we would have a deal , but we don't. and the CEO's of the companies that are not making deals are not making deals for a reason and I assure you they know more about the technology then most of us who read this board. BARDA , BARDA BARDA, tired of hearing about it.
Hedricks while being understandably cautious does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about the possibilities that this would happen. While what we have heard surely makes everyone feel chances of going to the next level of funding is probably 85%. I say 50/50 at best and I will tell you right now we will get a fraction of the 36 million dollars and when that is announced even if we move forward will just put a wet blanket over that announcement. Should there be a spike in PPS due to positive announcement and BARDA is the only positive news then the dilution caused by the secondary will bring the pps right back down to the pathetic levels we sit at now. Did anyone expect to be here in 2014 ? Is anybody holding shares in this company in the black, if you are speak up i want to hear about it.. Why am I still here because I am stupid and I have nobody to blame but myself. I did plenty of DD but when and I have only learned this over time was Bull Shit propagated by CC & CO then it served no purpose. Surely now anyone doing DD and reading only a message board on Yahoo would know not to invest here until the company actually does something. Don't worry if you have to pay up for if we are to see returns 10 times your wildest dreams it won't matter that you paid up a few bucks
IF BARDA actually comes to fruition and you will keep from kicking yourself when the stock drops below a dollar with a negative announcement. If anything that Hedricks has told us in the last call was true then we should see a deal with somebody before BARDA. So personally hope that we hear something positive before June 10th which will give some reason for hope as right now our eggs are in one basket. Athena 1&2 you say , trials that have been so mismanaged by these rumblin, stumblin managers that I'm at a loss. Imagine that they were so short sighted as to not offer patients who received a placebo treatment at no cost to them is beyond me. Now I believe that has been corrected but imagine the thought process to not allow this from the beginning and then wonder why enrollment is slow. Thanks for helping us and if you want the real deal your welcome to pay for it. What a way to win friends and influence people .
So you wanted to create a discussion on this board, hope this helps you out. Now I have to go hide as my wife is looking to kill me for investing in this a being down so much money on this dare I call it an investment. that i have been banished to the basement in my beautiful home, whhich I hope to keep. Best of luck to all as allwe have is hope and prayers and as i am an athiest that leaves me in quite the precarious position of being up shit's creek without a paddle. Hope I have been able to provide some comic relief. Pardon any typos or SIC's as i don't wish to go back a read this diatribe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Osiris Rips Quarter! 15 May 2014 15:13 #1691

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
BRAVO!!
your prose is animated and brilliant. I can feel the angst. Like an only child with potential that is unrequited. You can't give up but your brain and heart pull at each other. Investing can be emotional. It can also reward or devastate. I will pray to my God and wish for you an ascension from your basement into the light of your wife's loving arms.

Mantras for of the Cytori Investor

BARDA BARDA BARDA

ATHENA ATHENA ATHENA

PRECISE PRECISE PRECISE

OKYANOS OKYANOS OKYANOS

LOREM LOREM LOREM
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619, keysman

Osiris Rips Quarter! 16 May 2014 05:16 #1692

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
First - the technical side of the board!!

FORMATTING

If you copy & paste text from another site or from a MS doc document or something like that- the text that you are copying contains HEAPS and HEAPS of html-code which MOST LIKELY will not be compatible with the BB-code of this board.

If you want to see what I mean- look at anyone site- right click with your mouse and select "source code"- there you see the html code of your text , which looks "somewhat different".

Best thing to is: just give a small teaser text and links to the content or load those contents up into a pdf or other doc type and attach it/them to your post.

That will avoid the mess- that was here. I personally have been away from the board. Had a colonoscopy and some polyps were cut-out which caused internal bleeding. Will be off on a short break probably.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Osiris Rips Quarter! 16 May 2014 12:56 #1695

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Noticed the issue on this thread yesterday....I usually try to use links but thanks for the reminder.

On a personal note...hope you heal quickly !

Osiris Rips Quarter! 16 May 2014 13:02 #1696

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
get well soon fas !!

Osiris Rips Quarter! 16 May 2014 14:04 #1699

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I will use links instead of cutting and pasting . Sorry if I clutttered up the site.

Fas,
I wish you a very quick and painless recovery from the procedure. Glad they only found polyps and hope they zaped all those bad boys for ya! Gods speed my friend.

Osiris Rips Quarter! 18 May 2014 08:13 #1703

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, first, speedy recovery to you. Secondly, take it from someone who has undergone no less than 6 colonoscopies in the last 19 years. Only had bleeding on the first one because of the size of the polyps, but recovered fully. Since then regular follow ups every 5 years, but now at 60, the recommendation is every 3 years. I have changed my diet dramatically, which has resulted in almost polyp free exams. Lay low for a while, you should up and running strong in no time. :yep:

d9

Osiris Rips Quarter! 18 May 2014 08:40 #1704

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Changed your diet how? I had my first a few months ago, with one polyp zapped.

Osiris Rips Quarter! 18 May 2014 10:22 #1705

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Hi D9-

I am no big fan of diets, but since I do not want to go beyond my 98 kg, I am all ears (eyes) what that diet is. :grin:

With me - at had my first colonoscopy 18 months ago, which discovered my tumor, which was removed two weeks later. No metastasis luckily, but my colon is simply 35% shorter. Since than- I had 2 more- one year ago and now- both times 2 of them polyps zapped. This time it felt "kind of heavy" afterwards and my gastroenterologist tells me to come back in 12 months again for obvious reasons.

Maybe the diet you have might help to prevent those things???

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Osiris Rips Quarter! 18 May 2014 12:06 #1706

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, Joncon, I changed my diet to the degree that meat is the least of what I eat (occasional porterhouse) but stick to the lean variety if you must have meat. Saturated fat is a big taboo. Lots more fruits, veggies, high fiber foods and whole grains. I juice practically every day, by that I mean using a power juicer. I use an Omega masticating juicer that churns broccoli, celery, carrots, beets, apples grapes, well, you get the idea. High antioxidant power foods, that end up in a glass, that's my breakfast starter. I have always loved fish, but now much more of it. Fruits and nuts, granola, whatever, get the fiber going. You don't have to turn yourself into a granola bar, but make yourself more aware of your intake. It has helped me tremendously, and I have gone back to my high school weight. My grandmother had colon cancer in 1945, had partial colon removed, and lived to be 98, which is why I needed to be proactive. Many good reads on diet and prevention. I'm a firm believer it's all about you are what you eat. For some though maybe not, but I worked for me.
Here's a little something from the Mayo Clinic on diet and colon health.

www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/colon-polyps/basics/prevention/con-20031957

Again good luck and get well. :vegas:

d9
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas, Joncon63

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites