• Page:

TOPIC: Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 26 Mar 2015 18:55 #3980

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
What I found interesting is that the patent covers its Mesenchymal Percuser Cells not only derived from BM, but adipose too. I'd guess that MPCs are a subset of ADRCs. Any thoughts FAS? Here is the link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeadd@twitter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 26 Mar 2015 20:09 #3983

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Since we have no plan for Japan...does it matter ??? LOL !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :puke: :cry: :KO: :bash: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Why cant they close a deal in our #1 market ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 26 Mar 2015 20:25 #3984

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Gut feeling, the bridge in Japan has been burned, and needs to be rebuilt. I thought our part timer would be able to mend fences, but up to now, nada.

d9

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 08:25 #3985

• mikeadd@twitter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've never understood how any company obtains a patent on cells since they are essentially a body part. Methodology of obtaining them, yes, but a patent on cells of any kind seems ridiculous to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept. Happened before :KO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 11:00 #3989

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Street no link, please edit.
D9 You would not know of bridges being burned from anyone at CYTX. They are the leaders with 10 year relationships and partnerships galore.as well as growing revenues which are meteoric. No ?

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 11:46 #3990

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
MPC´s or Mesenchymal Precursor Cells to me is the generic name of a patent gimmick.

Back in 2001/2002 Zuk, Zhu et al characterized STEM CELLS from fat and discovered that these STEM CELLs from fat and the STEM CELLS from bone marrow were very identical, just different by some phenotypes or cell surface markers.

From that perspective- the fact that MSB patents MPCs from different tissue sources is very understandable. According to Caplan they all stem from the same vascular system anyway i.e. the pericytes.

However...

I'd guess that MPCs are a subset of ADRCs.

cannot be correct.

SVF or ADRCs consist of the following

Similarity only can exist in the 2% STEM CELLs subsection, since these are the cells that a. are plastic adherent and b. have specific surface markers that are recognized by the ISSCR as stem cells.

From these cells MSB makes their brew....
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 13:39 #3992

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas,

could you clarify why you conclude that MPCs are not found in the 2% listed in your chart as Stem Cells? By virtue of the patent we know that MPCs exist in fat. So they are either in that 2% or removed by the Cytori extraction process, correct? I don't see any other possibilities.

WST

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 14:50 #3994

• fas
WST-

I tried to convey that the MPCs stem from the 2% , since they are stem cells i.e. should have the capacity to differentiate in multiple lineages.

Only "plastic adherent" stem cells can be cultured i.e. duplicated or "differentiated in vitro" many many times.

So whatever MSB defines as MPCs must come from that population that can be cultured and is "colony forming".

When I wrote about "gimmick" , I meant the inherent "contradictio in termine", since Mesenchymal stem cells are supposed to pluripotent i.e. can differentiate into different mesodermal and other tissues, whilst a "precursor or progenitor" normally is a cell which has a dedicated or destined differentiation target i.e. can only become bone cell or a fat cell.

Anyway- within a new science there is a lot of confusing "language" which will be sorted out some day.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 27 Mar 2015 16:12 #3996

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
OK that's what I figured. This was the confusing part of what you stated:

However...

cannot be correct.

Mesoblast Gets Japan Patent on MPCs from Fat 28 Mar 2015 07:42 #3999

• fas

However...
cannot be correct.

I do not understand what is confusing about that. The components of SVF or ADRCs (same thing) is well defined and for 98 % regenerative cells - not stem cells. See picture. So MPCs are not a subset of ADRCs.

MPCs are just a selection from stem cells with certain surface markers. They are nothing special- anybody can make their own selection from the available stem cells and call it differently. Just the patent office is unlikely at this stage, to give you a patent on it. I presume Companies like MesoBlast and Tigenix have gotten their patents since they were first movers and really got the patents for the mix and NOT for the composition of matter, since the knowledge of Mesenchymal Stem Cells have been around for many many years- about 25-30 I believe.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.664 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites