Adult Stem Cell News and Developments other than Cytori
  • Page:

TOPIC: BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 20 Jun 2015 10:03 #4709

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I just followed the link of an Okyanos tweet in respect of a British article in the Mailonline on a clinic which was started in the US on spinal disk.

Readers of the Lodge will remember some cytori sponsored preclinical work on this application which resulted in inflammation with the goats that were treated without knowing its cause, so I opened the link with of a bit more than just plain curiosity :whistle: :grin:

The article from April 2014 you can find here : Mailonline article on Spinal Disk

A paragraph from the article

The stem cells are extracted from the fat in a laboratory and can then be injected into the damaged discs. When researchers at the Mayo Clinic in the U.S. tested it on animals, they found that the height of the discs improved by 26 per cent compared with those injected with a placebo. In addition, the water content of the inner section of the disc improved.
A higher water content helps keep the gel-like middle moist and better at cushioning the spine from damage. The treatment is being tested on 100 patients at three centres in the U.S., including Flower Hospital in Texas.

Googling Flower Hospital in Texas I found one of the Principal Investigators...a family practioner by the name of Dr. Oscar Lightner from Laredo in Texas... :joy: :bash:

Finding the record at clinicalstrials.gov is not all that difficult either.... link: Bioheart Record

Of course the trial is NOT FDA approved but controlled by a "Institutional Review Board" which can mean anything... :evil:

No surprise that adipose cell technology made by Cytori has a hard time to survive with all the scam around named BioHeart, Cell Surgical Network and others..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 20 Jun 2015 11:21 #4710

• Lugano
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am not too worried about these kind of companies... It is Cytori (and some regulatory questionmarks re device etc. in the past) that is responsible for the hard time... Cytori "just" needs to present clearly successful data of their trials + get final FDA approval for the specific therapy after that based on the trial - and partnerships, cash flow etc. will come as a function of that. If they get these things right all the other crappy companies will not really matter.

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 20 Jun 2015 11:53 #4711

• fas
Lugano-

Yes - of course you are correct here. BUT, we had the self inflicted damage by Cytori too and the bad reputation of cell technology and ADRC scam in particular though....

Otherwise, the list that DOV put together with comparable Companies to Cytori- which I posted here last week- would not have Cytori at the very bottom of the list :whistle: :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 21 Jun 2015 09:16 #4712

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Bioheart a scam? wow, ask a Bioheartian and they will call Cytori a bigger scam :happy:

Looking back, they are all scammers..... :cry:

Fas, I read somewhere that when someone fasts once or twice a month, something happens in the body. we are ready to produce our own stem cells and start repairing our bodies when we starve ourselves, only once or twice a month. Of course this scientist has modified the old traditional fasting to something less aggressive, and thinks we can repair most of our issues without any lipo procedure...

Past couple of months, I have seen some amazing results myself... and it was free. I will edit this post and add the link when I get home...

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 22 Jun 2015 03:55 #4717

• fas

Fas, I read somewhere that when someone fasts once or twice a month, something happens in the body. we are ready to produce our own stem cells and start repairing our bodies when we starve ourselves, only once or twice a month. Of course this scientist has modified the old traditional fasting to something less aggressive, and thinks we can repair most of our issues without any lipo procedure...

I recently posted an article requiring a 3-4 day fast with resulting revamping of the immune system by replenishing and replacing cells.

That makes sense. But I will stop posting on natural health stuff going forward (no interest) and save that for another page that will combine natural health with natural regenerative cells ...i.e. fat cells. Since, in the end its all the same- it works and is not patentable.... :cool:

Just to conclude.... I am living now on a low carb (that is "low bad sugar=fructose") and high on saturated fats dietary intake of about 2300-2800 calories, which I account for daily. Scratched wine from my diet and hope to get rid of all remaining "big pharma" medication in 2-3 months (already quite the statin 5 years ago and recently the diuretic and now half of the calcium antagonist).
My triglyceride, homocystein and HbA1c serum values are outstanding now. I lost 10 pounds in less than two weeks and reason is simply avoidance of fructose consumption and a Vitamin D level over 60 ng/ml (came from 6). I am certainly NOT torturing myself at all... :grin:

This will get me to a 100 years and above, no problem. It feels great too... :happy: :bye:

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 22 Jun 2015 16:02 #4722

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Cytxer, Here is a link to the patent related to the 5 day mimicking fasting diet (MFD) and here is a company trying to market it. I have been researching it over the last few days. I've been dealing with a shoulder injury that has become chronic and is preventing me from playing any sports. The MRI shows tendinosis, arthritis and tearing but no major tear. Going to Okyanos would be very expensive so it makes sense to try the 5 Day MFD and at the same time drop a couple of pounds. Path of least resistance first! If they could sell their 5 day MFD package called Prolo, . I'd buy it in a minute as its worth a try but they are still finishing up on a clinical trial. For a long time I've suspected there was a link between the calorie restriction diet and stem cells and the work of Valter Longo at USC has proven it.

P.S. Fas, glad to see you are off Statins, I remember we had a lively discussion on the topic a few years back.

BioHeart- spinal disk study with ADRCs 23 Jun 2015 07:29 #4724

• fas

P.S. Fas, glad to see you are off Statins, I remember we had a lively discussion on the topic a few years back.

Even 3 months ago, some additional data ignited a lively discussion again... :grin:

Statins cause diabetes and arteriosclerosis

Anyway- I received my Vitamin K2 supplement today, which is the "new thing" and seems to work wonderfully hand in hand with vitamin D. Since K2 also controls coagulation, I thought it better to ditch my Plavix/Clodipogrel this morning after taking that for 8 years.

After swallowing all kinds of BIG PHARMA poisons for a long time I am down to an ACE Inhibitor and half a Calcium antagonist....but not for long.

I am glad I survived the Ancel Keys followers and finally picked up the knowledge and know-how to be self-sufficient. :grin: :cool:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites