TOPIC: The Bimini Companies

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 07:52 #4764

• DOV
  • DOV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
kerastem.com

On slide 25 of Cytori's most recent Investor Presentation, they list Partner: European product launch for hair re-growth

All I know on this topic is that they will initially focus on female hair thinning. Cytori won't talk about partner activity. Supposedly, the procedure works 4x better than Rogaine, but I would like to see the data on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 08:49 #4765

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Many women suffer from thinning hair as they age and it concerns them but Rogaine isn't a very high hurtle.

Sales of Rogaine aren't very high and I question the value of its overall efficacy !

Since Cytori still has no sales ramp, I guess every little bit helps.

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 09:21 #4766

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
"European product launch for hair re-growth"

I guess nobody saw it, so you need to point it out? Is it time for another round of pump, is Marc ready to tag team on the newbs with some BS news again?

Every few pennies help?

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 10:00 #4767

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Dov, I find it hard to believe that you have ever been invested in a company that has been as big a bust as Cytori. Directly or indirectly friends, associates ,and other investors have lost millions based on decisions to get involved with Cytori. You have been closer to the company to anyone and believed what old management and now current mangemen'ts seems to be saying. Do you think there is any chance that this company can actually turn around ? You have to feel foolish for being so blind sided. I look at the pps and listen to what Mark, Tiago et el say and I get sick to my stomach. How are you feeling ? It's time for a reality check. :puke: These guys IMHO are crooks and con artists and history is telling me that has always been the case.

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 14:57 #4769

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Roth, why you would say that DOV never invested in Cytori is a mystery to me. Please explain.

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 15:22 #4770

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I believe DOV posted he made a purchase at $1.18 not long ago.

I don't know what trading he has done in the common or options over the years .

As far as Tiago...I think he has done a OK job...he has been there less than a year and walked into a total $hit storm of a company. Of course, I guess it would be hard to do worse than past management...LOL. We have funding....yes at a horrible cost but Cytori has ZERO leverage. He got the debt refinanced and paid down. The lights are still on !!! I see that as doing his job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

The Bimini Companies 01 Jul 2015 21:30 #4771

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
street, I did not say that you need to re read. Of course Dov has invested heavily and so have many of his followers friends, business associates etc. All have lost money , not his fault

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 09:37 #4772

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov, I find it hard to believe that you have ever been invested in a company that has been as big a bust as Cytori

You are correct. I have never been involved in a company that has performed so badly. Roth, this one is you :grin:

RED: DOV´s link did not work- so I replaced it with this image, that I believe comes close to what he was trying to convey...

If I had to sum it up in one statement, I would say the prior management was so convinced the investment community would drive the stock way up just based on the potential. Today's management understands they have to prove the cells work and I think they are doing that. ACT-OA results should attract a partner. I would like that partner to be a company like Zimmer or Stryker. Can Hedrick get a deal done? He has no track record and that is why the stock is at $.56 per share. I continue to make the same mistake I have always made and that is to believe the ADRCs work far better than any drugs and that regardless of how bad management has been or will be, the world will adopt this technology as the next big thing in medicine. I do expect to make a lot of money in Cytori eventually!

The biggest risk I see is being stabbed in the back by the FDA. Cytori sued the FDA claiming the Celution system should have received a 510K because it was similar to an already approved device that isolated stem cells from blood. The FDA said Celution is not substantially similar and won the case. However, once Celution gets approved by the FDA through the PMA pathway, the next company with a device to approach the FDA with a request for a 510K may get approved because there would be a similar device already on the market. At that point, the lawyers get rich and we stay poor.

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 10:48 #4773

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
FDA said this, Chris did that, blah blah.....

We all heard about this YEARS later, because Marc and Chris decided to lie to us about the impact it had, and the significance of that loss... lots of participants here did the same thing, knowingly or otherwise.

Anyway, for you to assume any positive OA result will benefit a company like Cytori, is very simple minded and I KNOW you are not a simple man, DOV....

Cytori has had positive small-group results then always faded away in the big ones.. so If you are playing that pump game, then we'll play but please stop this nonsense about how any result will result in a significant upside... CYTX needs to have a 10-20 Mil $ revenue to start with, count how many years we have got left for them to get there... How many shares by then, and how many more millions needed by then... Sharks have them by the throat and dragging them to the deep end.... By then the company will be owned by offshore sharks... You know!

This was a sham from day one, and for you to post that flyer and make fun of those who fell for your great scam is a shame and disgrace. bad Mojo and you will pay, universe is balanced. :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rothco619

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 11:06 #4774

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I just want to go on record, that I believe cytxer does not have his facts straight. There simply has never been any data available from a large clinic period, so all evidence that the science works is from small samples.

However I also do not want to interfere with free speech as long as nobody insults someone else in a unacceptable fashion. Lets say, we stayed within boundaries so far. :whistle:

Personally I can live with the moaning and groaning of RothCo- occasionally he even brings pretty interesting thought processes, however the bulk of it has become rather boring and repetitive.

I will not use the usual phrase- sell and good is- anybody who is not totally blind can see that Cytori is high risk- very high risk even- but the rewards could also be exponentially high... :whistle: :yawn:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, mtpinman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 11:22 #4775

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
DOV...that's twice I believe you mentioned the possibility of the FDA rejecting a otherwise positive result in scleroderma...are you suggesting the relationship is not as positive as the company likes to paint ?

CYTXER...certainly DOV and I have disagreed over the years on projections. $500/share on a stock trading low single digits or even his call for a possible $3.00/share in earnings for 2020 (note he has not been adjusted for recent increase in share count) We are all free to post our opinions then discuss or disagree. I believe this is it and over the next 2-3 years will determine if CYTX survives. Its by no means a certainty.
Its ashame that with 146 members here only a handful actively participate. DOV invited everyone to comment on his last spread sheet. I don't remember if you did or not. In the end, we all are responsible for our investment decisions.

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 11:47 #4776

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov,
I appreciate your kind thoughts and encouraging suggestion. Board seems to be infested with many that claim to be long and have benefited from the disaster Cytori has become. My stupidity has cost me handsomely ,trusting that information being passed along was somewhat valid from intelligent people another mistake. To continue to pump this pos is insane. Your dam right I'm upset and unfortunately the sec could give a shit about individual investors or the questionable perhaps criminal activity that has gone on within this company. Guess the fact that majority of holdings are now held offshore is the prelude to Cytori becoming an off shore scam as opposed to one operating from within the borders of the USA. Best of luck to all the shorts surely don't need it. There are others I'd like to see hanging from that noose. :puke:

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 15:12 #4779

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas did not appreciate your cartoon. Think you did cross the line but I can take it. Let's face it and yes this is repetitive but this has been a disaster and all posts to the contrary have been bullshit. This company should be investigated and with current management headed for bankruptcy. suppose you are also satisfied with the answers to the questions we posed to management. No problem not posting here any more getting to be more and more like the YMB. Best of luck.

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 16:44 #4780

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Roth...none of us with long positions are happy. Especially those of us who have been complaining about what they viewed as wrong direction and mismanagement for years. Serious question though....when researching CYTX didn't you consider that failure was a option ? To me, this has always been a speculative play.

BTW....We aren't going BK as a company for at least 6 months....same as it has been for the last 8+ years

The Bimini Companies 02 Jul 2015 21:55 #4782

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Roth, as one of the oldest investors in CYTX (an original Macropore investor) I have had the misfortune to have ridden this crazy roller-coaster stock from the beginning. I have never sold and have averaged down in what has to date been an exercise in futility. For the record I do not use margin, options or warrants. Like DOV and possibly the CYTX management I was mesmerized by the potential of the technology and the attractiveness of the "Heal Thyself" concept of ADRC So far it has not been realized. :cry:

Our experience with the losses to date (in my case as yet unrealized) is similar: outrage and disillusionment. However the Biotech sector is rife with failed companies. Unfortunately I have experienced a few of them in the past. CYTX has not done well but I do not believe that it is a scam. CC had a good salary but in the end he blew it. A successful CYTX would have made him mega-rich. Even if it was a scam he was not particularly successful in taking advantage of it ........ he should have made more.

I still believe in the technology ......... my only fear is that so do the latest group of financiers who have us in a vice like grip. The use of offshore holding companies is not very reassuring as it opens up the possibility of all sorts of manipulations that can't be easily monitored. We are unfortunately in the hands of an untested management who is learning on the job. I can only hope that Hedrick/CYTX having gone down all the wrong dead ends and are finally going in the right direction.

Lets hope that they have enough gas (cash) to carry on till sufficient clinical data is generated to dispel the gloom.

Our future will be dependent on two things (1) Scleroderma and/or OA data, and (2) completion of the new Celution device.
Management has the ability to do a number of partnership deals that can blind side the shorts and provide the requisite funding at any time. Lets hope they are not so greedy as to not take that option if it should become available. We cannot expect management to act solely in the best interest of the older shareholders per se. Lets hope that they can at least be more professional that they have been in the past.

Although complaining is a natural reaction, wanting an inquiry into what one thinks is a scam, but may possibly be just bad management or /luck is an exercise in futility. I don't contribute more often because I don't have much to say. Waiting and hoping.

As for DOV's comment about competitors using the 510K legislation to enter as competitors, I would hope that the FDA having determined that ADRC are a drug would at the very least require our competitors to undertake a full series of clinical trials. As we have exclusive rights for the use of ADRC in autoimmune diseases I would not expect an immediate competitive threat. Also I would hope that our patent estate would also be a determining factor in maintaining a competitive position. :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, Wall Street Titan

The Bimini Companies 03 Jul 2015 04:07 #4783

• ruedhajan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks, rongside – great post: balanced, honest, modest, to the point and positive.

The Bimini Companies 05 Jul 2015 09:50 #4785

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
DOV...that's twice I believe you mentioned the possibility of the FDA rejecting a otherwise positive result in scleroderma...are you suggesting the relationship is not as positive as the company likes to paint ?

Hedge, not sure how you read that into what I wrote. I think just the opposite. The FDA has taken a stance on ADRCs being a drug and Cytori is complying with that. The FDA has fast tracked Scleroderma and that is very much under appreciated. The relationship couldn't be better, in my opinion.

Having said that, it is also true the FDA has taken a stance on ADRCs that is contrary to all other countries that I know of except perhaps Canada. I think the possibility exists that the FDA could change their position once they become convinced the cells do no harm. As Cytori stockholders, we want the FDA to make all competitors go through the same approval process for each indication. The value of our first to market advantage could be substantially reduced if the FDA were to fall in line with the rest of the world. It is simply a risk factor among many others.

As far as updating my spreadsheet, I have done that and will continue to do so after each quarterly report or other event that provides updated information. I don't save the old versions, I type over them and look to the future. I am not interested in the past.

The Bimini Companies 05 Jul 2015 15:07 #4786

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

Hedge, not sure how you read that into what I wrote. I think just the opposite. The FDA has taken a stance on ADRCs being a drug and Cytori is complying with that. The FDA has fast tracked Scleroderma and that is very much under appreciated. The relationship couldn't be better, in my opinion.

Maybe hedge is mistakenly taking my comment that I see a risk in the FDA "stalling" approval as another "DOV statement", which obviously is incorrect. Despite the excellent relations apparently at present, you never know- ADRCs are a "natural product" which works. I am still not sure if the FDA, which is largely funded by Big Pharma, will stay this cooperative... :whistle:

Anyway- DOV yes- you are right- ADRCs are a drug for everybody except Cytori, who is only adapting a "commercial strategy" of drug products.
The regulatory pathway remains device as laid down in the official CBER response based on "Request of Designation" #9xxxx. That said the cells coming out of Celution will be regulated as a device. But not as a Class II device as Cytori wanted (=510K process), but Class III, which requires the PMA pathway.

No other Company can request "predicate device" similarity for Class III, that is just for Class II i.e 510K approvals. For this reason, and only for this reason Cytori DID NOT request orphan designation in the US- its dvice regulation and therefore NOT IND =drugs regulation.

Have a call with Ken Kleinhenz- he is well respected in Europe... :yep:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The Bimini Companies 05 Jul 2015 20:02 #4787

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Apologies DOV if I misread the intent of your post. I was confused because I did think you were satisfied with the current pathway.

I currently believe the FDA has laid out what they expect and if we meet those expectations will see approval w/o them moving the goal post. I also believe a personal approval of each cell batch is overkill...but so be it. Not the first time or company I have questioned the FDA's decisions.

I may have missed your last spreadsheet update DOV...one I have has $3.00 in earnings for 2020. Is that wrong ?

The Bimini Companies 06 Jul 2015 07:18 #4788

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
That spreadsheet pre-dates the most recent stock deal. 2020 shares outstanding is now predicted to be 216,810,000. After taxes of $194MM, the eps is $2.09. I'll post after the next CC.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites